Thursday, August 14, 2008

Ode to Elvis

I was channel surfing tonight when I stumbled upon "Elvis: That's The Way It Is." Wow! It's been 31 years since his death but I can remember it like it was yesterday.



No!! I am not trying to imply that I was there. :-) I was 10 years old when he died. But, I remember the impact that it had on me. I couldn't understand why someone with so much talent could leave us so young. I still enjoy watching his concerts. I think he would have continued to revolutionize music to this day had he lived. He just had SOUL! He's still missed. (No, I'm not an Elvis fanatic... just another remeniscent moment.) hehe

1 comment:

Kayla Burns Floyd said...

So why am I sitting here almost in tears at work? That video is so sad!! Hormones could also be at work. LOL!

I feel so deeply for untimely loss. It's just so unsettling. I wonder if anyone ever feels peace about loss when it comes much too soon... Just a thought.

kayla