Saturday, August 2, 2008

Motorcycle Saturday



Kelley and I are heading out on the motorcycles today. It's a bit HOT in the 'ol H-Town. But, we are going stir crazy and need to get out.

We always have a good time when we get out and ride. There is something about riding with so much freedom. I tried to explain it to my sister but didn't articulate it very well. This may sound corny but you feel more connected to your surroundings. LOL - who knows??? I just like it!!!


Random topic - My mom gave me these hoops. They are used to make purses - chrocheted, beaded, cloth, etc. I don't make purses. Those of you who know me, know that I make jewelry. I was thinking of adding some beading to these. I need some creative ideas. What else could I do with the hoops?? They are linked together and 5 inches in diameter (hoop earrings is not an options.. lol). Any ideas?

2 comments:

Kayla Burns Floyd said...

Could you string beads and then weave them across the hoops in a criss cross pattern like a dream catcher? I think it would look really cool hanging in the sunshine.

Yelowflower said...

I like that idea...5" would be a great size for a window ornament. Or maybe some kind of Christmas ornament? for the door maybe? put pretty paper with holes punched around the edges, tie it on with ribbon and put a picture in the center of the paper? I don't know, but it sounds like it would be fun to play with.

www.yelowflowersgarden.blogspot.com