Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I Have To Take A Test???

Those of you who have been keeping up with my blog know that I have been obessively searching for a job. I applied for a position at this company: http://www.hcss.com/ It seems to be an interesting company. Well, I have tasted the first step of interesting. The company states that you must pass a test prior to submitting your resume and being considered for an interview. Ok? No problem. LOL - Well, some test!!!! They state that the test is for problem solving and analytical skills. I thought it would give a scenario and ask me how I would deal with it. Wrong!!! It consisted of 14 math type problems. Here is a sample:

"A school has 40% boys. 30% of the students have blonde hair. There are 3 times more girls with blonde hair than boys. What percentage of the students are boys with blond hair?"

Sigh!!! And this was probably one of the more easier questions. I don't know??? Do you???

The good news is and much to my surprise.. I PASSED THE TEST and have a phone interview tomorrow. Whew!!! It was actually kind of fun. I hope they will tell me which ones that I missed.

1 comment:

Kayla Burns Floyd said...

Since I've always been in sales and relationship management roles, I've ALWAYS had to take those odd assessment tests for jobs. The ones I have taken haven't been math-related though; they've always been personality type tests. They want to know that you're competitive and vicious and will crush the competition if given the chance. I've always passed. LOL.
Kayla