Friday, August 8, 2008

Hockey Days






My sister, niece, and I are having a garage sale next week. While searching through boxes for garage sale type stuff, I stumbled upon a box which houses my son's roller hockey trophies. I am completely amazed at his accomplishments. Roller Hockey was a major part of our lives for about 9 years. He was a natural! I remember the trips to practice 3 times a week, weekly games, and all of the fun weekend trips to tournaments.

He was so much fun to watch. He wasn't as aggressive as other players but his skills definitely put him above most. You could hear the rumble from the other team's parents when we would play them. Things like, "Who's son is that?" "Wow! He can really shoot." "Oh, that's the Jaradi kid..he is something else." I always stayed silent but inside, my chest was poking out across the rink.

Those days are over now. My son is morphing into a man. He lives in Florida. I am still amazed at his accomplishments. He is an avid fisherman. He has learned to dive and spear fish. He holds down a job while still maintaining his grades in school. I miss him but want him to be where he wants to be. Hockey Days may be gone but my son's accomplishments go on.

No comments: