Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Need Strength


I have struggled today. I found it hard to blog about anything because my thoughts have been obsessively on finding a job. My obsession is not due to finances but more because I feel my confidence slipping with each interview that leads to yet another "Thanks but no thanks" email. I see now how I took my quick procession at my last company for granted. I never had a problem moving from one position to another within that company because I had established a positive reputation. Now, I am facing people who don't know truly what I can do. It's up to me to sell myself. For this reason, my confidence falls short. I am beginning to realize that I am not doing that stellar job of selling myself that I once did. I am not communicating my skills very well.
I blog this only to release the tension and stress from my soul. My spirit is unsettled right now. I may seem ok on the outside but am screaming on the inside. I can only call out - God help me! Perhaps, tomorrow will find me with a better outlook and attitude.

2 comments:

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

This made me have compassion for you. Not sympathy so much because you don't sound like you need that; you are apparently very capable. I just want you to know that your thoughts resonated with me and I hope things look up soon.

Jeanette said...

Just wanted you to know that you are not the job that pays the bills, you are a wonderful wife, a great daughter, a compassionate sister, a delightful aunt and of course, a very very very dear friend. That's what defines you, not your ability to get a job. Lots of Love!