Saturday, August 23, 2008

Capturing the Essence of a Loved Man

My brother, Todd, is and was a very loved man! His passing has left an empty space in my family. Any time that my family gathers, we always honor his memory by talking about times past. My mom visited today and brought with her several boxes of pictures. This is a great honor because my mom has been quite protective over these boxes of pictures. We had a great time rummaging through the photos. Laughing, smiling, and also just staring at some photos while memories silently ran through our minds.

I found several photos of my brother that I either hadn't seen or hadn't seen in a long time. I chose a handful of them simply to capture his essence. These photos truly represent a man that was fun, intelligent, sensitive, personable, and just a joy to be around (hehe.. most of the time.)

2 comments:

lacy said...

been thinking about my reading lately and the impact it has had on the family. Was it a good thing, a bad idea, a neutral event in my world??? The parts I love about it include this entry. I love our conversations among the family about past, present and future. I love that we are a family who communicates. I adore these photos. You captured so much laughter and joy in them. I giggled, lots. Love you.

Kayla Burns Floyd said...

OMG, I absolutely need a copy of the one of Todd holding me crying. I'm guessing that's on the ferry in Galveston? I want to blow it up and frame it.

Thank you Mary. Thank you so much.