Thursday, July 24, 2008

What ever happened to Customer Service

I don't normally like to complain about stuff like this but....Can you tell me what ever happened to Customer Service?? I have had some really crummy luck lately. I bought a motorcycle in March. Typically, you would expect to have your license plate and title within 6 weeks right? Wrong! I have waited over 4 months, travelled over 30 miles each month to the motorcycle place, and spoken to numerous people. Can you say RUN-A-ROUND?? Then, Kelley and I bought some new bedroom furniture this past weekend. Beautiful set! Delivered on Monday! Perfect! NOT!!! No feet for the bed, a huge crack in the headboard, and the glass which lines the bottom of the bed - one of the panels was cracked. In both of these situations, I was very patient, nice, understanding... not once did anyone apologize for the inconveniences, "we'll get that taken care of right away", etc.

I have been in a customer service type industry of some sort for over 20 years now. I would have been repremanded, had "discussions" with my manager, or even worse could have been fired for this type of service. SIGH!!! Patience prevails. But, I just had to get that off my chest. Do you know what has happened to customer service???

Probably need to go back to watching the butterflies, huh?

No comments: