Thursday, July 31, 2008

Need some "woo-sas", possibly yoga, some prayers, and a stiff drink

Just got back from my interview... can you tell how it went based on the photo??? It started out great. I interviewed with the IT Director for about an hour. Good, flowing conversation. He mentioned several times that he was impressed with my resume and skills. Hurray!!! Then, he takes me to another IT Guru-type guy. Talk to him for about 40 mins. Good, flowing conversation. He mentioned that he was impressed with my resume and skills. Hurray!!! It's time to speak with the owner. Deep breath!! The IT guru-type guy knocks on the owner's door. He says, "Are you ready to meet Mary?" I hear the owner say, "Not yet.. I would like to speak with you first." Two seconds later, IT Director joins them... oh know!!! I can hear bits and pieces of their conversation because the walls are so thin. I hear owner man saying things like, "But she doesn't.. and I see she has BUT.." Next thing you know, IT Director comes out and explains that I am a strong candidate but they need to continue to review resumes for someone who has video file conversion experience. HUGE SIGH!!!! He said some really nice things after that but I didn't hear much more. So, at this point folks, I need "woo-sas", mantras, yoga poses, prayers... whatever you have for me, I'll take!!!!

Last discouraging point, they let you bring your dog to work!!!!!!!!! Man! Sophie would have been in heaven if she could have gone to work with me everyday.... Where's that drink?????

2 comments:

Kayla Burns Floyd said...

Yuck! Who wants to work with IT guru types?! (Sorry to all the fun, wrongly stereotyped IT-ers out there.) But come on. You're way too fun for that.

You looked good though!!

Love ya,
mariezee

lacy said...

ok drink your drink but then know that it was not the right job for you... there will be a better one, I know it!