Sunday, July 27, 2008

Family First



I've reached an age where life reflection tends to take me in the direction of family more often than not. When I was in my 20's, I was focused on my so-called career, worrying about my relationship with my husband, and raising my son. Somewhere along the way, I lost the constant communication and interaction with my family. Don't get me wrong...my family has never and will never leave my heart. But, it seems that my family went through a period of everyone just doing themselves - meaning we were all consumed with our daily lives.


My sister and niece travelled from 3 hours away this weekend to visit me. We literally hung out at the house for 2 days. It was sooo wonderful! There is comfort, joy, and love in being around my family. There is something about being around people that love you unconditionally and accept you in all of your grouchiness, goofiness, and sometimes (I said "sometimes..hehe) not so fun state of mind. I truly love my family. And, while I don't tell them enough or show it enough, they are first in my life. I would do anything for any one of them. I hope that some day we will have the opportunity to all live in the same town again. I wish for a day when we can drop by one another's houses just to chat.

Take time to appreciate your family today. Remind them of how much you love them.

2 comments:

lacy said...

That is such a sweet post, I love you so much! I think it is funny that Kallie is holding her cell phone in that pict! LOL She is always with that thing. LOVE YOU

Kayla Burns Floyd said...

I wish we all could have been there to join the fun! I had to laugh when Lacy and I were taking care of Austin because it made me think of you and Aunt Sue probably doing much of the same when we were little...passing us back and forth, grossing out about spit up, and basically just laughing all day long. We were always so lucky in the aunt department.
-Kayla