Wednesday, April 22, 2009

If Only....

Toward the end of last year, Kelley and I embarked upon a new debt reduction plan. I use the word "embark" because I think reducing your debt is truly a journey. It tests your strength, patience, willpower, and sanity. We have successfully paid off one card and are about 1 or 2 months away from paying off another.

Sticking to the plan requires teamwork and many discussions (sometimes heated ones). It requires sacrificing small & large, not being able to do some things on a whim, and staying focused on the end result.

With this said, Lacy, if only I could go on that fabulous craft weekend with you! If only, I could just pick up and travel to Florida to see my son when I want. If only I could tell any one of my family members, "Hey! Let's meet in fun place USA this weekend." I want so badly to spend a giggly, crafty weekend with you, Lacy. I want to learn how to make things that I may never make again but sure did enjoy doing it with you! I want to spend some one-on-one time with you talking about our deepest fears and dreams. But alas, my focus has to remain on the end prize.

The end prize will give me the freedom to do such things. The end prize will give me the freedom to invite you on a trip and pay for the whole thing. The end prize will give me the freedom to say I am getting it because I can.

So, thank you so much for inviting me, Lacy!!! I know you are excited and will have a great time. Once I get to the end prize, it's ON, babycakes!

2 comments:

lacy said...

We've all been there before. Congratulations on setting a goal and working to get there at all costs! It will feel so great when you get to start at zero! I love you.

Tommie said...

Awe, Mar! That is so sweet! You are a fantastic aunt and a fantastic being!