Monday, July 26, 2010

Pandora Retrospection

So, I'm listening to Pandora today at work. I have about 15 stations saved. I typically change them throughout the day in order to provide a little "spice" to my very bland cube. Anyway, listening to the "Conway Twitty" station right now... yes, I did say Conway Twitty......stop...... stop snickering! Lo and behold, "The Gambler" by Kenny Rogers comes on. I just about fell out of my chair laughing.

When I was 11 or 12 years old, my mom and stepdad would take me to the country (Palacios, TX) on many weekends. It was a 3 plus hour drive. I would ride in the back of my stepdad's pick up truck and listen to music. The Gambler was one of my favorites!!!!! I used to sing it at the top of my lungs (cause you can do that in the back of a pickup on the highway...no one hears you.)

How fun it was to hear a song that I haven't heard years! It was even funner to think about a fun time when life was carefree and simple.